Monday, 16 June 2008

Green green the garden grows

My new climbing rose "Starlight Express" - smells as good as it looks!


Osteospurnum "Felix". Just had to get it.


Potato flowers!!! This means that I'll be able to get the first crop harvested soon. Evidently this is the UN year of the potato. So I feel ok about turning my garden into a shrine to them!


First courgette flower, with attached courgette... Evidently you can dip the flowers in tempura batter and eat those too!


The beans are struggling, but there are a few small pods on each stem. Unfortunately the slugs got to them too. I've planted some more but they will be a while.

1 comment:

james said...

There's no pictures of your fabulous house warming party :( I think the supernova heat from the BBQ was in the main responsible for the early arrival of much of your crop.