Thursday, 6 December 2007

1 week on

So... One week ago I was going absolutely raving mad trying to get the last few things finished. What a day!
My list of achievements this week include:
  • Not crashing the car on crazily busy roads
  • Not hitting my head tumble turning in the shallow end of the world's shallowest public swimming pool
  • Gaining a new geo-geek identity (thanks D!)
  • Deciding that orange rubber gloves suit me better than yellow ones
  • Arriving at work 4 days in a row an hour before sunrise (I don't think I have EVER before been at work at 7am 4 days in a row. Not even during the good old PhD writing-up days)
  • Buying a new digital camera
  • Having to pay an outrageous sum of money to transfer my Canadian savings across to here. Next time - buy the bankers draft in UK pounds, not in C$. HSBC charged me 20 pounds to cash my cheque AND gave me a shockingly bad exchange rate. Bah humbug.
All in all a pretty good week. This weekend I am going to take my bike for a spin and maybe even go on an adventurous hike in England's green and pleasant lands.

No comments: